This article provides general direction on the process to update from Active Commerce 3.3 Update-1 to Active Commerce 3.4 on Sitecore 9.0. Specifics of your implementation and environment may require you to adjust the process.
- Ensure that any adjustments you have made to stock Active Commerce and Sitecore E-commerce Services (SES) configuration files have been moved into configuration patches.
- Remove hotfix configurations and binaries for any issues which have been resolved in Active Commerce 3.4 (reference the Issues Resolve in the Release Notes).
- Delete all stock Active Commerce and SES configuration files from App_Config\Include:
- If you are utilizing the original shared source Mobile Device Detector, disable it by deleting App_Config\Include\Sitecore.SharedSource.MobileDeviceDetector.config.
- Follow the instructions in the Upgrade Guide for Sitecore 9.0 Update-1 to upgrade your Sitecore installation.
- Disregard warnings from the Update Installation Wizard about Active Commerce and SES assemblies which need to be recompiled -- we will address these by installing the new version of Active Commerce.
- Install the SPEAK 1.0 and Active Commerce packages as directed by the Active Commerce Installation / Quick Start guide. We recommend using the "Merge/Merge" option for any installation conflicts.
- If the Sitecore upgrade overwrote your Web.config, reapply the needed changes for Active Commerce, as described in the Installation / Quick Start guide.
- Reinstall any plugins you are utilizing.
- Ensure the App_Config\Include folder does not contain any lingering base Active Commerce configuration files (they should now all be present in App_Config\Modules\Active Commerce).
- Publish, update links databases, and rebuild the Active Commerce indexes.